Blue Screen on Hibernate RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem with the hibernation feature on my Gateway Tablet PC.  Anytime the system goes into hibernation (forced or automatic), it blue screens and then instantly reboots.  Upon reboot, everything is normal  and there is no indication there was a problem.  It is impossible to read what is on the blue screen since it reboots so quickly.  The machine sleeps with no problem.  In XP I used hibernate extensively with no issues. Any thoughts on how I could troubleshoot this issue. Just getting the details of the blue screen would be a start.
    Tuesday, September 5, 2006 9:01 PM

Answers

•  Barclay wrote:
    I am having a problem with the hibernation feature on my Gateway Tablet PC.  Anytime the system goes into hibernation (forced or automatic), it blue screens and then instantly reboots.  Upon reboot, everything is normal  and there is no indication there was a problem.  It is impossible to read what is on the blue screen since it reboots so quickly.  The machine sleeps with no problem.  In XP I used hibernate extensively with no issues. Any thoughts on how I could troubleshoot this issue. Just getting the details of the blue screen would be a start.

Check your Event Viewer for clues to the cause of the BSOD. To prevent automatic reboot during BSOD, uncheck this option under Advanced Settings.

HTH.

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 11:38 AM

All replies

•  Barclay wrote:
    I am having a problem with the hibernation feature on my Gateway Tablet PC.  Anytime the system goes into hibernation (forced or automatic), it blue screens and then instantly reboots.  Upon reboot, everything is normal  and there is no indication there was a problem.  It is impossible to read what is on the blue screen since it reboots so quickly.  The machine sleeps with no problem.  In XP I used hibernate extensively with no issues. Any thoughts on how I could troubleshoot this issue. Just getting the details of the blue screen would be a start.

Check your Event Viewer for clues to the cause of the BSOD. To prevent automatic reboot during BSOD, uncheck this option under Advanced Settings.

HTH.

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 11:38 AM
  • RC1 fixed My problem, but thanks for the tip on how to disable automatic reboot.
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:51 PM
  • Problem has returned in RC2. Same symptoms - blue screen on hibernate.
    Friday, November 3, 2006 12:25 AM