none
UEFI Support for OS deployment image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am able to install the captured image on physical machine but If UEFI is enabled I am not able to boot. 

How to create an image from MDT to use UEFI?

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:50 AM

All replies

• Make sure you have the UEFI format and partition step in the Task Sequence.  It will set up the partitions needed to boot to UEFI.
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:17 PM
  • Are you changing your computer configuration after the fact? Make sure you enable UEFI prior to running your task sequence (or use a combination of firmware configuration tools and mbr2gpt to achieve the same result programmatically). Also, as Lawson noted, UEFI support was added at some point in MDT 2013 Update 1. Prior to that, TS templates did not support UEFI natively.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, May 25, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Anton,

Thanks for the reply.

We are not changing the computer configuration. UEFI was disabled in some machines. But in some machines it was enabled. We faced problem in those machines only. Now I want to create an OS image with UEFI support.

I have checked the version of MDT Deployment Workbench.

Version: 6.3.8443.1000

Is this Update 1?

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Friday, May 25, 2018 12:14 PM
  • Just to get this straight: you are facing boot issues on systems with UEFI enabled after wipe-and-load? In this case, could you post your BDD.log? Also, this may actually come around to LawsonT's suggestion: verify that your format and partition steps include both MBR and GPT configurations.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, May 25, 2018 12:24 PM