Microsoft Edge loads and then closes about 10 secs later RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Windows 10 did a massive upgrade today, and since then I have a problem with Edge, which loads with a blank screen, and then closes about 10 secs later.

On the Event Viewer, there is an error posted each time as follows:

The server Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_40.15063.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe!ContentProcess did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I am now using Chrome....

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi! this might be cause by third party application that hinders your Edge from working.

Pelase check if you have trusteer endpoint protection installed on your PC

>if yes , please uninstall it then let me know if it resolves your issue

Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Christatt,

Have you tried fully uninstalling Microsoft Edge and reinstalling it? A fresh installation may solve the problem.
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:15 AM
  • Hi! this might be cause by third party application that hinders your Edge from working.

Pelase check if you have trusteer endpoint protection installed on your PC

>if yes , please uninstall it then let me know if it resolves your issue

Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:55 AM
  • Yes, this worked - thank you!

I am now onto the IBM Trusteer chat, to find out how I can install Trusteer Rapport again, with Edge working!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 9:43 AM
  • The IBM Trusteer chat support was very helpful, and coached me through uninstalling and completely deleting the Trusteer software.  However, they did confirm that Edge 15 is not supported at the moment (and that is the version I have), and when I tried (at their suggestion) to reinstall the Trusteer software, it failed.  So, I have Edge but no Trusteer.
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 11:20 AM