none
bitlocker option not showing in windows 7 professional 64/32 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I am not able to do the bitlocker Encryption in windows 7  64/32 bit professional . Is there any way to install Or do the Encryption in win 7 professional.

Looking for support please help.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can only upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Ultimate.

For more information, please refer to the link:

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772579(WS.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:59 AM
  • If your system does not have the option as shown below, then there is something amiss with your system.  Every system I have seen and/or built has this option.  The "Get more features..." is the Anytime Upgrade option:

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:01 AM

All replies

• No, since 7 pro does not offer it. You'd have to upgrade to either

7 enterprise / ultimate

8 pro / 8.1 pro / 10 pro

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Can we upgrade win 7 pro to enterprise / ultimate with out formatting OS.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Yes. Just buy it, insert the DVD, start setup and select "upgrade". It will offer to keep files, settings and programs.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:19 AM
  • Can we upgrade win 7 pro to enterprise / ultimate with out formatting OS.

You can use the Anytime Upgrade option to go to Ultimate from Professional.

Microsoft does not support an upgrade from Professional to Enterprise.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:50 PM
  • It does not? I bet I have done that before. Or did I need to edit the registry to reflect another edition before upgrading? I would not feel guilty doing it since we own both editions.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

You can only upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Ultimate.

For more information, please refer to the link:

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772579(WS.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:59 AM
  • If your system does not have the option as shown below, then there is something amiss with your system.  Every system I have seen and/or built has this option.  The "Get more features..." is the Anytime Upgrade option:

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:01 AM