Application bar problem? RRS feed

• Question

• If you add an application to the application bar under Windows 7 (that is a shortcut) you can easily launch the application from the bar, and in that case Windows 7 highlights that shortcut (the square icon) until the application is running.

However, from some weeks, I noticed that some applications (Firefox, Skype, etc) hasn't this behaviour anymore! In other words, when you launch the application a new square icon appear on the application bar, as Windows XP style.. why?

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, July 15, 2011 3:25 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Friday, July 15, 2011 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi QuantunUniverses,

Try to Unpin and Pin it again to check if it works.

Also test in Clean Boot in case any other application conflicts.

If it does not work yet, please provide us with a screenshot, I'll check if this issue could be reproduced. You can upload the picture via SkyDrive.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, July 25, 2011 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi QuantumUniverses, you said..

However, from some weeks, I noticed that some applications (Firefox, Skype, etc) hasn't this behaviour anymore! In other words, when you launch the application a new square icon appear on the application bar, as Windows XP style.. why?

You've probably updated the .exe that the shortcut is referring to. So the older shortcut pinned to the taskbar is now obselete. Simply remove the old shortcut by unpinning it, and pin the new shortcut to the taskbar instead.

Hope that helps, pkn2011

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:30 PM
  • Hi QuantunUniverses,

Try to Unpin and Pin it again to check if it works.

Also test in Clean Boot in case any other application conflicts.

If it does not work yet, please provide us with a screenshot, I'll check if this issue could be reproduced. You can upload the picture via SkyDrive.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, July 25, 2011 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:01 AM