Failed to install DP files on the remote DP. Error code = 15 - Unable to install New Distribution poin in SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to installed a Distribution point on a Physical server (Windows Server 2012) using SCCM 2012 SP1 but it is always failing with the Error "Failed to install DP files on the remote DP. Error code = 15". Please note i had the DP working perfectly on the same server so there are no problems between Primary server and this one communication. earlier it was working perfectly fine. Recently there was some problem with package distribution so i decided to reinstall the DP but after removing the DP role and re-adding it stuck into this error.

so far i tried below things:

1. Rebooted the server multiple times.

2. Removed the DP role and deleted the site.

3. Uninstalled the IIS and other pre-requisits. 

4. Installed latest patches on this server.

5. Reinstalled IIS and other pre-requisists.

6. Verified no sms on drive file on different drives.

i have the content liabrary on D: drive with the size around 230 GB which i dont want to delete Please suggest how can i install this.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:52 AM

All replies

• 15 = The system cannot find the drive specified. Plus see the last line of the screenshot. What's drive D:? Is it ntfs formatted? Is it a fixed disk? etc

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Yes it is an NTFS formatted and a Fixed Drive, as i said previously Content liabrary was installed on same D: Drive.
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:20 AM
  • Yes,  15 = The system cannot find the drive specified.

sometimes you get this error if WMI is corrupt on the server

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by SinghSharad Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:23 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Those few log lines are not very helpful. Can you please share the distmgr log file?

Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

Have your issue been resolved now? If so could you please share your solution with us? Thank you.

Best regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Hello,

In my case I had a scipt that prepared the server and also created the NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS file. on C drive and this server had only C drive. Please check if you have at least one partition without NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS.

Regards

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:37 AM