Set Fast User Switching to not require passwords in Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Windows 7 machine running in a Workgroup. I'd like to set it so that when a user logs on, and stays logged on, the user does not require a password if he switches to another profile. 

To better illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish, here's an example of how things currently are:

1) UserA boots up the computer, types in his password and logs in.

2) UserA hits Start > Switch User, arrives at the Welcome Screen, and logs into UserB's account after typing in a password.

3) UserA is still logged in. UserB switches users, arrives at the Welcome Screen, and in order to log into UserA's account a password must be entered even though UserA is still logged in.

I want to configure this workstation so that once UserA has logged in once, UserA never has to log in again. 

Is that possible?

Thanks!

mrplaid

Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi mrplaid,

For security reason, userA cannot log in again without password.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:35 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi mrplaid,

For security reason, userA cannot log in again without password.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:35 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 7:56 AM
  • That's disappointing. Thanks for the reply, though!
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:34 AM