none
Diskpart set id command not working

Question

• I am attempting to use "set id=84 override" to recreate a hidden hibernation partition. I select the disk, then partition then type set id=84 override but then I get a message stating "The specified type is not in the correct format."

Per the Intel Rapid Start documentation this is the correct command. What can I do to correct this.

Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:05 AM

Answers

• For GPT I believe it is:

set id=D3BFE2DE-3DAF-11DF-BA40-E3A556D89593

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

• Marked as answer by mpv105 Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:02 PM
    Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:49 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Are you setting the ID on an existing partition, or creating a new partition?  Also note that for GPT, you have to use a different command.  In the past when I've run into that error (about correct format, not id=84 specifically), I've just added an additional step before with diskpart to "format fs=ntfs quick".  Make sure you've selected the right disk in diskpart first, naturally.

Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:15 AM
    Answerer
  • I already created the partition per the Dell Setup Guide for Intel Responsiveness Technologies Version .83. Do you know the correct format for GPT, to hide the partition from the system and assign the partition to the Intel Rapid Start (hidden Hibernation partition)
    Saturday, January 05, 2013 11:14 PM

• Marked as answer by mpv105 Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:02 PM
    Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:49 AM
    Answerer
  • That did work to get the Intel Rapid start technology working but the partition is still showing in the Windows 8 Disk Management system. Is it possible to hide that partition from Disk Management?

Monday, January 07, 2013 12:28 AM

wholly, wHolly, wHOLLLLLLY cRAPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!, i've been working non-stop for 3 STRAIGHT DAYS trying to restore the SSD drive: ExpressCache/Intel Rapid Start Technology on my Lenovo U310 after deleting all partitions and re-installing Windows 8... i've contacted Lenovo, SanDisk, I even went out and bought a 2nd (the same)laptop for reference.. I haven't had ANY LUCK until I input this 'set id'... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday, April 05, 2013 4:29 AM
  • If you want to see the drive to be labeled as "hibernation partition" in disk management you have to change from gpt to mbr mode. 

When you type list disk in DISKPART prompt and see a star on the GPT column of your required disk then its in GPT mode. 

To change that you need to follow these steps.

First open cmd.exe and type in "disk part"

At the DISKPART> prompt, type the following commands, in the order shown:

DISKPART>list disk

DISKPART>select disk X
    (X is the disk number where you want to create the store partition. Refer to results from “list disk” 
    for exact disk number. Disk must be an SSD)

DISKPART>clean

DISKPART>create partition primary size=8190

DISKPART>detail disk

DISKPART> select Volume Z
    (Z is Volume of your store partition. Refer to results from “detail disk” for exact volume number)
    DISKPART>set id=84 override
    (The id must be set to 84)

Hope this helps. It me know if problem still persists

• Edited by Your Guy Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:52 AM changing some sentence structure for proper understanding
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:50 AM
  • HI,mate

thanks for your kind

I followed your steps,however, the finnal step set id84 override

the diskpart always display like the format is incorrect,

my Laptop is XPS 15 L521, I delected the 8G sleep partition when I divided the SSD to 4 partition,because i dont know what the 8G used for, now, I TRY many times, the 8G cannot get back to sleep partition(It still display 8G in manage)

can you give me more help,thanks

(english is not my first language,sorry for my mistake)

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:34 PM