App-V package creating folder within Appdata\local\appv\ instead of c:\XYZ folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am not able to create folder on c:\Temp (user is having full rights) from App-V application  instead it getting created under Appdata\local\appv\. But i shows as c:\temp location from App-v application.

But i can create folder at the same location (c:\temp) manually and can access from app-v application, edit, save operation can be done on file\folder.

Could you please advise on this behavior? 

Regards,

Manju

Monday, October 5, 2015 7:23 AM

Answers

• Could you please confirm that c:\Temp is excluded from your app-v package (open up the package with the sequencer, browse to the advanced tab. It sounds like the folder is included in the package, and therefore writes changes inside the virtual environment from the package (Appdata\local\...).
    • Marked as answer by mysoremanju Monday, October 5, 2015 12:09 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

If you want your application to create files in local c:\temp, then add c:\temp in the exclusion list(tools-option-exclusionlist). Do not create any folder in the package editor. If you have set merge with local, then any files that is not present in the package will be written to the local system. Be sure c:\temp is locally present.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)
    BLOG: app2pack.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by mysoremanju Monday, October 5, 2015 12:11 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 9:54 AM

All replies

• Because you're talking about Appdata\local\appv\, I assume you're working with Appv5. You probable have included that folder in your package.
    What do you want to accomplish?
    - If you want to write to the local C:\temp, exclude this folder from your package.
    - If you just want to write inside this location: enable VFS write in your package (only available in >SP2hf4).
    Monday, October 5, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi Tiberivis,

Yes. I am using App-v 5.0. c:\temp\<Projectfolder> location is my temporary project folder. The users will be accessing\saving the project files in this location.

If i try to create new folder from App-v application and point to c:\temp<project folder>.The folder are getting created under Appdata\local.. But it shows location as c:\temp<project folder>. 

Regards,

Manju

Monday, October 5, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Could you please confirm that c:\Temp is excluded from your app-v package (open up the package with the sequencer, browse to the advanced tab. It sounds like the folder is included in the package, and therefore writes changes inside the virtual environment from the package (Appdata\local\...).
    • Marked as answer by mysoremanju Monday, October 5, 2015 12:09 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

If you want your application to create files in local c:\temp, then add c:\temp in the exclusion list(tools-option-exclusionlist). Do not create any folder in the package editor. If you have set merge with local, then any files that is not present in the package will be written to the local system. Be sure c:\temp is locally present.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)
    BLOG: app2pack.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by mysoremanju Monday, October 5, 2015 12:11 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 9:54 AM