Word, Excel and PowerPoint freeze for 60 seconds after clicking on a hyperlink that uses ADFS for authentication RRS feed

• Question

• We're currently experiencing an issue when using hyperlinks that use ADFS authentication in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, the application will freeze until you press 'ESC' or wait 60 seconds, afterwards the hyperlink displays correctly and the user is authenticated correctly by ADFS.

According to 'https://support.netdocuments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003346326-Clicking-a-NetDocuments-link-causes-Microsoft-Office-to-hang-for-60-seconds' Microsoft reported that this is an ADFS issue rather than an Office issue, hence why I'm posting it here.

The above article hasn't been updated for 6 months so was wondering whether there was an update on this.

Many thanks,

Luke

Monday, July 9, 2018 11:07 AM

All replies

• This is causing serious problems for us, is there anyone from Microsoft that can provide information on a potential fix?

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:58 AM
  • Any updates?
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:38 AM
  • Can you share a fiddler trace?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Apologies for the delay, what is the best method for me to share it with you, I can upload it to OneDrive and then share a link with you? 

Friday, July 27, 2018 11:49 AM
  • That would work.

Make sure that you remove the actual password if there is any in it (you can edit frames in Fiddler)

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:11 PM