none
MDT 2013 U2, Win10 ADK, Capture task completes without creating a WIM RRS feed

• Question

• I have a generic capture task created with all the normal steps that you'd find on any blog except for I disabled the actual sysprep step. I browse to the scripts folder and run litetouch.vbs.  It runs, gathers stuff then completes successfully.  No errors or warnings are generated however the rebooting, the WinPE boot nor the image creation happens.

Below is my custimsettings.ini

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=NO
    SkipComputerBackup=NO
    SkipBitLocker=NO
    EventService=http://MI-2012-MDT:9800
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    TimeZoneName=Eastern Standard Time
    Administrators001=Domain\Super_Heroes
    Administrators002=Domain\Domain Users
    _SMSTSORGNAME=Company, Inc
    AdminPassword=password
    WSUSServer=http://mi-2k2-dc02.domain.org:80530
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    DomainAdmin=Deploy
    DomainAdminDomain=domain.org
    DomainAdminPassword=P@$$word1
    JoinDomain=dimainorg
    MachineObjectOU="OU=Computers,DC=domain,DC=org"
    _SMSTSOrgName=Running %TaskSequenceID% on %OSDComputername%
    SLShareDynamicLogging=\\MI-2012-MDT\Deploy2\Logs\%OSDComputerName%
    SLShare=\\MI-2012-MDT\Deploy2\Logs\%OSDComputerName%
    ComputerLocationName=MI
    DoCapture=YES
    ComputerBackupLocation=NETWORK
    BackupShare=\\mi-2012-mdt\deploy2\
    BackupDir=Captures
    BackupFile=%TaskDequenceID%_#month(date) & "-" & day(date) & "-" & year(date)#.wim

Some of these entries might be redundant or otherwise not needed as I've added more while testing.  

Bootstrap.ini

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    DeployRoot=\\MI-2012-MDT\Deploy2
    UserDomain=Domain.org
    UserID=Deploy
    UserPassword=password
    SkipBDDWelcome=Yes

Now here are pastebin links to all the log files generated during this task.

BDD.log

LiteTouch.log

LTICleanUP.log

smsts.log

Wizard.log

ZTIConfigure.log

ZTIGather.log

ZTISetVariable.log

IDK what else I can put here but if there is another log squirreled away somewhere tell me and I'll get it.

Thanks!

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi

As I understand your question - you are doing a build and capture.

In your customsettings.ini your joining a domain - sysprep does not support a domain joined machine.

The sysprep script in MDT it checks for are the machine domain joined and if yes - it failes.

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:11 PM
  • Of course.. I'm not looking to join the domain while sysprepping, nor even sysprep in the first place.  Besides the computer that I am capturing is not joined to the domain.
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:44 PM
  • Post your logs to something like OneDrive and share the link here.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Are the pastebin links not working? I do not use onedrive.. hate it as a matter of fact.  I'll look for something else if you don't like PB.
    Friday, February 19, 2016 1:37 PM
  • Try this: Google Drive

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:11 PM
  • The smsts.log shows that the Capture Image group was skipped as the condition failed.

<![LOG[The group (Capture Image) has been skipped because the condition is evaluated to be false]LOG]!><time="13:14:51.408+300" date="02-18-2016" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="4260" file="instruction.cxx:118">

Although you say you are specifying DoCapture=YES in the cs.ini it is not showing up in the ZTIGather.log.

Regards Mark

Saturday, February 20, 2016 9:53 PM
  • You can't join the domain and do a capture. 

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:57 PM
  • I think there has been some confusion as this is a capture task sequence (as shown in the smsts.log) and not a build and capture task sequence. Therefore there is no attempt to join the domain and the OP has said the machine is not domain joined.

Regards Mark

Sunday, February 21, 2016 10:05 PM
  • Thanks Mark, So what would case the DoCapture=YES to be ignored?
    Monday, February 22, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Ok I found a solution to part of my problem.  First off sysprep was not running because of two reasons:  My test machine was n upgraded OS and apparently sysprep will not run on upgrades.  Secondly, the Sysprep Only group within the task sequence had an option specified that said: Task sequence variable DoCapture equals SYSPREP.

Well since I only have the one cs.ini, I removed that option then sysprep ran, the machine rebooted (A different non-upgraded test box) and the capture sequence began however did fail for another, as of yet, unknown reason. I'll start a new question about this error.

Monday, February 22, 2016 2:52 PM