Adding Multiple Linked Images to a Modern Site Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to add multiple images which are linked to a modern page but I'm not finding a good way of doing so.  The image web part only seems to let you add one image and you can't move it around, reduce space.  The image gallery doesn't let you add a link and there's no way to change the images size.  Quick Links is not a solution due to the image size.  Are those the only options for a modern site dealing with linked images?  I was hoping I'd be able to use a text web part and put the images in a table and then link each one individually like we could on a classic page.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi, MikeNJ00,

Per my research, there is no OOB approach available for you to directly move the web parts. Images will expand to the width of the section containing the web part.

You can change the zone layout and add image web parts inside these zones.

Microsoft is still working on adding the feature to resize images on modern pages.

You can check it here vote for it: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/20390116-ability-to-resize-images-on-modern-pages

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by MikeNJ00 Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:30 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi, MikeNJ00,

Per my research, there is no OOB approach available for you to directly move the web parts. Images will expand to the width of the section containing the web part.

You can change the zone layout and add image web parts inside these zones.

Microsoft is still working on adding the feature to resize images on modern pages.

You can check it here vote for it: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/20390116-ability-to-resize-images-on-modern-pages

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by MikeNJ00 Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:30 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:11 AM
  • Thanks, that's what I figured.
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:31 PM