none
DPM error while trying to protect a file server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a DPM 2007 server which protects a file server. Everytime i try to perform a consistency check, the data transfer rate is optimum in the first few minutes of initiating the check but it keeps plummeting with time. I reboot the server and it goes fine for the first few minutes and comes down again(the data transfer never stops, only the speed comes down substantially). I checked the network utilization and file server usage which appears normal, but the size of the volume which is being backed up is close to 4TB, so i decide to move it to a new DPM 2010 setup to have a backup.

My question is :

After I move it to a new setup, I plan to split the 4TB volume into smaller ones after a backup is created, and re-add it to the old DPM2007 setup. Will this solution work, bacause what is bugging me is that the old setup will have this same agent in 'inactive agents' and when I re-add it, the agent name will be the same, only the protection group will have 4 drives of 1TB each instead of 1 drive of 4TB. Please suggest a way to do this.

Thanks in anticipation

Pavit

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:09 AM

All replies