none
EnableDAForAllNetworks registry key changed to 2 Direct Access RRS feed

• Question

• I see that alot of people are having an issue with the HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient\EnableDAForAllNetworks registry key is flipping to 2 and not staying at 0

Is there a fix for this yet? 

Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:06 PM

All replies

• This is a regular issue for us as well with no idea whatsoever as to what causes it to change!

Interestingly it seems to happen in batches of machines at a time with no changes having been made to the policy/DA setup etc that would effect this setting.

Obviously it's very difficult to assist users remotely when DA isn't working, so they end up having to bring their laptops in to an office to get the reg key changed back to "0" - not ideal by any means!

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:40 PM
  • I found the solution to be users were manually turning of Direct Access by selecting "Use Local DNS Resolution"  making the key flip to "2".  When the user shut down computer and booted backup the key would remain at "2" and direct access would not connect.  I have told users to make sure they turn direct access back on if they turn it off before shutting down.
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:46 PM
  • That's very interesting - I'll give that a try and see if I can replicate it on our boxes, thanks!
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:38 PM