MDT Instantly fails 0 warnings 0 errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I have a working Windows 7 deployment scenario, however on occasion when running the task it will instantly fail with 0 warnings and 0 errors, If I run it again it will invariably work no problem, does anyone what the reason might be for this?

Thanks in advance..

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:48 AM

Answers

• J-

I don't have an answer but the forum would need more information to assist:

I would start with the BDD.log.  Open it using Trace32 (the SCCM program). See if it gives you any insight into why the process is not working.

More info (in case you need it):

- If you press F8 at the conclusion of the "failed/successful" deployment, you can get to a command prompt 

- the logs are in C:\MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS

- View the logs in notepad or copy off the bdd.log to a flash drive and use trace32 - which eliminates alot of the noise.

This should at least get you moving in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by jmaclennan Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:56 PM

All replies

• J-

I don't have an answer but the forum would need more information to assist:

I would start with the BDD.log.  Open it using Trace32 (the SCCM program). See if it gives you any insight into why the process is not working.

More info (in case you need it):

- If you press F8 at the conclusion of the "failed/successful" deployment, you can get to a command prompt 

- the logs are in C:\MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS

- View the logs in notepad or copy off the bdd.log to a flash drive and use trace32 - which eliminates alot of the noise.

This should at least get you moving in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by jmaclennan Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Thanks got it working, seemed it was just timing out...
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:47 AM