Get-DistributionGroup RRS feed

• Question

• I need a help. I m trying the following commands..

$GrpNameEditor = Get-PublicFolder -Identity "\" -Recurse | Get-PublicFolderClientPermission | where{$_.Accessrights -eq "Editor" -and $_.User -like '*Editor*'} | Format-List User
    $UserName = Get-DistributionGroup -Identity $GrpNameEditor | Format-Table ManagedBy
    $UserName

The Get-DistributionGroup command is not accepting the Input Parameter.. How do I get through this...

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Friday, July 19, 2013 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I test the "$UserName = Get-DistributionGroup -Identity "your distribution group name" | Format-Table ManagedBy" and "$UserName" cmdlet successfully in my exchange 2010 environment.

I recommend you use get-rolegroupmember "organization management" and get-rolegroupmember "recipient management" to check if you have "organization management" and "recipient management" permission.

Please run EXBPA to check your exchange server.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Amit,

What are you trying to accomplish?

Dame Luthas, ITILv3, MCSE Messaging 2013, MCSA, MCITP

My Technical Blog: http://thelifestrategist.wordpress.com/

Discipline is the Difference between Goals and Accomplishments..

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

This is what I m trying to get:

1> Search for a Public Folder with certain access rights

2> Get the Group Name who has that permission

3> Use that group name and search in Active Directory for the group Managed by Field

Friday, July 19, 2013 6:17 PM
  • $UserName = Get-DistributionGroup -Identity $GrpNameEditor | Format-Table ManagedBy $UserName

Are you running the above as a one liner?

Dame Luthas, ITILv3, MCSE Messaging 2013, MCSA, MCITP

My Technical Blog: http://thelifestrategist.wordpress.com/

Discipline is the Difference between Goals and Accomplishments..

Friday, July 19, 2013 9:56 PM
  • No, these 2 are different lines

$UserName = Get-DistributionGroup -Identity $GrpNameEditor | Select ManagedBy
    Write-Host $UserName

Friday, July 19, 2013 10:25 PM
  • Hello,

I test the "$UserName = Get-DistributionGroup -Identity "your distribution group name" | Format-Table ManagedBy" and "$UserName" cmdlet successfully in my exchange 2010 environment.

I recommend you use get-rolegroupmember "organization management" and get-rolegroupmember "recipient management" to check if you have "organization management" and "recipient management" permission.

Please run EXBPA to check your exchange server.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:29 AM