Incident Queue not restricting views RRS feed

• Question

• I have added a entry to the Incident Tier Queue list, "Developement."

I have created queue for the Incident class called "Development Incidents" and set the criteria to '"Support Group" equals "Development"'

I have created a user role based on the Incident Resolvers role, assigned it to the "Development Incidents" queue and assigned a user to that role.

When the user logs on to the console he can still see ALL incidents in the "All Incidents" view.  Shouldn't he be restricted to only seeing incidents that match the criteria for the queue to which he is assigned?

Monday, October 22, 2012 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the below will point you in the correct direction.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/11/02/implementing-sample-helpdesk-scenario-in-incident-management-1.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/11/02/implementing-sample-helpdesk-scenario-in-incident-management-2.aspx

they cover "narrowing" what an analyst can see.

Regards,

F.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:06 PM
  • Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:07 PM
  • This is essentially what I am doing.  But instead of creating a queue with criteria matching an incident category I'm using the Incident Tier List/Support Group field to restrict the view.  But that doesn't seem to work even though it's a valid selection criteria when creating a queue.

What seems to be the case is that the All Incidents or All Change Requests, etc really do show ALL of the respective work items and don't respect any permissions/queues.  It would be nice if it respected queues because building views is so much more labor intensive.

I guess I really need to use Views for what I'm trying to accomplish this?  But when I try to create a view which class do I select to have the Support Group as a criteria?

Edit: Nevermind.  I realized that CRs don't have a Support Group field.  But Incidents do so views work fine for Incidents and what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

• Edited by JayScovill Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Just wanted to add that if I create a queue using Incident Classification as a category that criteria is respected in the All Incidents view.  So why wouldn't the same be true for Support Group?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:36 PM
  • This seems to me to be an issue with the queues not being recalculated.  There was another thread about this with regards to SM 2010 and a registry entry that controls how often queues are recalculated.  I tried the entry on SM 2012 but it didn't have any effect.  Anyone out there know if there is away to troubleshoot the queues to see if they aren't being recalculated for some reason?

I've tried restarting all services, rebooting and waiting over night but still no joy.

• Edited by JayScovill Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:22 PM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Just wanted to update this thread to confess my denseness.  After more testing and investigating I discovered that the AD group I was using for testing was a member of a few roles that I forgot to turn off all queue membership for.  So as a result I was getting the least restrictive access to work items which was ALL queues in this case.

So in the end, using the queues to restrict access to work items based on a Support Group criteria is working as expected.  No need for Views in this case.

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:55 PM