none
Can not see the tasks which assigned to me from pwa site or project online RRS feed

• Question

• Can not see the tasks which assigned to me from pwa site or project online. I have tried many times, could not see the takes in neither in mysite or planner. Even there is no task link in the newsfeed page.

Did anyone encounter the same problem with me?

Friday, February 26, 2016 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Assuming that no technical error occurred in the task assignment, you can check the following things in your environment.

1) Ask your admin to check if you are the default assignment owner of the tasks which have been assigned to you. If not you can update the default assignment owner of a resource in the resource center when you edit a resource.

2) Clear all the filters in the Tasks Page of Project Online in case they may blocking the tasks.

Regards,

Atul Lal

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 4:53 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to Atul's excellent advice, I'd like to clarify things.

Were are you creating the tasks and how are you assigning users on the tasks? You are refering to planner and newsfeed. Assuming you are creating a task in a project either with MS Project Pro or in PWA, you'll not see it in the planner or the newsfeed. The planner is not (yet) connected to Project, it is more intended to do micro management or light scheduling; and the newsfeed is also not integrating the project tasks.

That being said, after creating a task in MS Project or PWA, assuming you checked Atul's points, the user assigned should see it in the task or timesheet page. He should also see the project in the project center.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:20 AM