Users losing permissions to Calendar in sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have a calendar on my sharepoint 3.0 site, I have specified permissions explicitly on this calendar so only a handful of users can access and edit it.

The problem is that randomly, when a user (who has all the correct permissions) attempts to create or edit an entry in this calendar, i get a 403 forbidden error message.

The only way i am able to get around this problem is to go to the list permissions for the calendar in question and remove and re add the user. Then they are able to create and edit entries again, but after a little while they will lose permissions again and i will have to go through the same process to re set permissions.

Any idea what could be causing this at all? 

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:49 AM

All replies

• Are you aware of any customisations within the site / site collection that might cater for this?  If permissions are being periodically removed, it seems that a TimerJob running something might be intefering with the permission groups.

Can you also give usn a little more information on the permission structure for the site?

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:07 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

There are no customisations withing the site, let me explain in a bit more detail how the site is configured:

This is a basic Sharepoint site which includes the folllowing as site content; a picture library, seeral document libraries, 2 calendars, 1 contacts list and a discussions forum.

All lists/libraries have their permissions defined explicitly (permissions are NOT inherited from the top level site permissions) so every single list has it's own set of permissions. Individual user accounts (active directory) are used in each set of permissions.

The problem is that for some reason, permissions appear to break intermittantly wwhich then causes the 403 errors when users attempted to edit or create items in the lists/libraries.

Taking in your point about timer jobs, i have disabled all timer jobs and the problem is still occuring.  

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:07 PM