outlook 2003 error message 0X8004010F RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use outlook 2003 on a new computer with windows7.  The test setup in the configuration menu works perfectly and sends a test e-mail.  But when I click on the send/receive in the outlook program It returns the error message 0X8004010F, Operation failed an object could not be found.  My research tells me its looking for a address book on an exchange server. I don't have a address book on a server.  I followed the instruction on a earlier thread to uncheck the address download feature in send/receive. It does not exist in the menu.  Any ideas on how to correct this situation

Thanks, Joe at vtcjrug@att.net

The Message from an existing thread is as follows

Outlook 2003 when connecting to Exchange Online will try to download a copy of the Offline address book. When it does it will give the following error message:
    Task Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F : The operation failed. An object could not be found.
    This is becuase this feature is not currently enabled for Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange Online

The following steps will stop the error:

b. Send/receive  c. Send/receive settings  d. Define Send/Receive Groups e. Group Name – All Accounts should be highlighted   f. Edit  g. Uncheck Download Office Address Book  h. Click on OK

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:08 AM

All replies

• For Outlook related issues, please discuss in our Outlook forum.

Outlook IT Pro Discussions
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:37 AM
  • With Microsoft exchange server this type of errors are major issues. you can solve this types of errors with the help of a software. i have used a software that works amazing and effectively. it work really good another issues occurred with exchange server.

This error code 0x8004010F operation fail issue is a big issue in exchange server.
    you can remove this types of issues using karnal software. i have been used this one that really good. you can find it

This problem may occur if the offline address book list object has a missing address list, an incorrect address list.

You can resolve this problem when you view Properties in the Address lists setting in Exchange System Manager, expand the Recipients container then
    Click the Offline Address Lists container, in the right side of the pane, right-click the offline address list object, and then click Properties.
    On the General tab, verify that a valid address list is populated under Address lists. If a valid address list is not populated under Address lists, you must add one.

Click OK then right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Set as New Default if the offline address list object is not set. If you made any changes, right-click the offline address list object again, and then click

Then you will not face the error problem.

When you try to synchronize the offline address list on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 server in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, you may receive the following error message in the Sync Issues folder:0x8004010F An object could not be found. you can also go for a third party software like Kernel software. you can find it easily at
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:20 AM