removing "vista antivirus 2012" RRS feed

• Question

• I was recently attacked by the virus, and upon removing (i think), none of my exe files will open. I would system restore, but that also will not open.

any assistance would be appreciated.

also, i am running vista 64 bit.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:05 PM

Answers

• To remove Vista Antivirus 2012 spyware you must block Vista Antivirus 2012 sites, stop and remove processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other Vista Antivirus 2012 files and registry utility.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to remove viruses

==========================

1. Download freeware Anti-Malware Remover from

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the above link cannot be accessed due to DNS problem, I suggest downloading it from another computer. We can then copy the downloaded file to a removable disk or CD and install it on the original computer.

2. After downloading it, please double-click the downloaded file to install it.

3. After installing it, please restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple Operating Systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.

4. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode with networking, and then press Enter.

5. Log onto the default administrator account or any user account with the administrator privileges.

6. Please launch the program to scan and remove Trojan or viruses.

Note 1: In Safe Mode with networking, your system display and desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. To go back to Normal Mode, we just need to restart the computer.

Note 2: If after keeping pressing F8, nothing happens. It is because the settings have been changed by the computer manufacturer. Please refer to the user manual or contact the computer manufacturer for the information how to enter Safe Mode with networking.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:51 AM

All replies

• I was recently attacked by the virus, and upon removing (i think), none of my exe files will open. I would system restore, but that also will not open.

any assistance would be appreciated.

also, i am running vista 64 bit.

If you can still download from your computer, download the followings and run them :

1. Malwarebytes.
    http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware

2. STOPzilla.
    http://www.stopzilla.com/products/stopzilla/home.do

3. TDSSKiller.
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/TDSSKiller-Download-165428.html

The above programs are FREE.

It is not redundant to run 3 programs. Some viruses are hard to eradicate. Those 3 will compliment one another, catching anything that has fallen through the crack.

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:34 AM
  • To remove Vista Antivirus 2012 spyware you must block Vista Antivirus 2012 sites, stop and remove processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other Vista Antivirus 2012 files and registry utility.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to remove viruses

==========================

1. Download freeware Anti-Malware Remover from

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the above link cannot be accessed due to DNS problem, I suggest downloading it from another computer. We can then copy the downloaded file to a removable disk or CD and install it on the original computer.

2. After downloading it, please double-click the downloaded file to install it.

3. After installing it, please restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple Operating Systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.

4. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode with networking, and then press Enter.

5. Log onto the default administrator account or any user account with the administrator privileges.

6. Please launch the program to scan and remove Trojan or viruses.

Note 1: In Safe Mode with networking, your system display and desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. To go back to Normal Mode, we just need to restart the computer.

Note 2: If after keeping pressing F8, nothing happens. It is because the settings have been changed by the computer manufacturer. Please refer to the user manual or contact the computer manufacturer for the information how to enter Safe Mode with networking.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:51 AM
  • hi, ive been looking at your questions and answers. i hope to god ive not been an idiot, although i honestly think i have. i had a virus on my computer, i ran windows security centre and paid for it over the net via the screen that was provided when i clicked update. now some of my programs wont load up, saying i may not have authority to access it although there is only one account on my laptop. have i still got viruses etc on my laptop/have been a complete moron and had my identity and account details stolen? please get back in touch asap
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasecurity/thread/2fd0aa77-a0fe-4f15-9565-3bd184de47a3/

Meanwhile, it is suggested to create a new thread and keep trace on one Original issue per thread.

Regards,

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:04 AM
  • delete these:

%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\{random]
    %LocalAppData%\[random].exe
    %LocalAppData%\[random]
    %Temp%\u[random]
    %UserProfile%\Templates\[random]

then install Microsoft Security Essentials to scan your system!

form::!           http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-guideremove-vista-anti-virus-2012-fake-antivirus-manual-removal/

Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:58 AM
  • but this vista antivirus 2012 always ask open with...and want you to choose an application to open How do I open malwarebytes?
    Monday, July 11, 2011 1:26 AM
  • Why hasn't Microsoft Security Essentials been updated to deal with this virus?
    A computer running up to date Windows 7 with up to date Microsoft Security Essentials in our house was infected from a web site(a TV watching site). The virus disabled Microsoft Security Essentials and was very difficult to remove.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:57 AM