NLB configuration on URA RRS feed

• Question

• I have some doubt with NLB configuration

1.VIP needs to be Public IP or Private IP

2. Do we need to register VIP under DNS- Forward Lookup ?

3.Do we need to configure different DIP or it would be same as Internal interface IP of URA server .

Thanks a lot for help in advance.

Monday, March 11, 2013 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

1.VIP needs to be Public IP or Private IP

It depend if your URA servers are on the Edge of your network or not, and about the transition technologies you want to implement. But for the easiest scenario Private one NATed to a public one.

2. Do we need to register VIP under DNS- Forward Lookup ?

Not as far as I know.

3.Do we need to configure different DIP or it would be same as Internal interface IP of URA server .

You need to configure different DIP to another subnet of your Internal interface if your URA servers have 2 NICs, in the case they have 1 NIC yes it's the same as Internal interface IP.

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/liontux | My Blog (French/English) : http://security.sakuranohana.fr/

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Hello

I have setup NLB for 2012 DA as follows

1. Are you using NAT or Public IP addresses

2. The VIP IP will be the DNS name for accessing DA externally

3. The internal address will have 2 DIP addresses and a VIP if using a 2 node cluster and NLB

The one thing I am not 100% sure on is if you have a 2 node array and using NAT.  My assumption is this:

External Interface DA Node1 - RFC1918 address (192.168.0.103) | External Interface DA Node2 - RFC1918 address (192.168.0.104) | VIP 192.168.0.101 - Question is do we need 2 VIP addresses as there will be 2 Public IP addresses that will need to NAT to the internal addresses. ie 4.4.4.4 > 192.168.0.101 and 4.4.4.5 > 192.168.0.102?? 

Could someone comment on this if they know please?

Monday, March 11, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Ok I am trying to configure load balancing using external load balancer but when I selected that option it gives error Saying you have no ipv6 configured on internal interface or you server is configured as isatap router and I can't proceed furthur Please help me with this
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:40 PM
  • I read that URA with a HLB requires an IPv6 configuring
    Monday, March 11, 2013 8:12 PM