wireless connection issue in windows vista RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i have an hp pavilion dv2000 series notebook with win vista.i have never had issues with wireless connections so far.recently i brought a new modem, my pc detected it for the first time but when i restarted the modem my pc stopped showing if there existed any wireless network in the range even when i sat right in front of it. i got the modem checked, other computers detected it with no problem at all. so to check my drivers when i opened d device manager i found four icons named "6TO4 adapter" with a yellow exclamation mark. i tried to update its drivers but it didnt as it said the best drivers are already installed. i searched through a few threads on that and consequently ended disabling all four of them as suggested by each.

also i found in one of the threads i visited, that it may be because of battery performance issues. so i switched to maximum performance but still no help. a point worth noticing in dis respect is that my battery is out of life, its backup is just of a few minutes so all the time the laptop is plugged into power. may that be a problem.

also i changed the modem configuration from '802.11b&g' to '802.11b only' and then to '802.11g only'.each time it would detect it but only until i restarted the modem. on restarting the modem, the computer shows the network initially but as soon as i try to connect it vanishes. 

thanx for reading... it would be a great help from you sir/madam as i am suffering a lot.

makk mukhi

Monday, November 1, 2010 7:13 AM

Answers

• from what i gather, you have "driver issues".instead of disabling the devices,uninstall them, when you restart don't allow windows install them automatically. dont even search winupdate for the drivers.

best thing-go to HP website, download the specific drivers for DV2000 (wireless adapter) and any other wireless connection utility provided by HP.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 8, 2010 2:43 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:16 PM

All replies

• from what i gather, you have "driver issues".instead of disabling the devices,uninstall them, when you restart don't allow windows install them automatically. dont even search winupdate for the drivers.

best thing-go to HP website, download the specific drivers for DV2000 (wireless adapter) and any other wireless connection utility provided by HP.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 8, 2010 2:43 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:16 PM
  • Try to uninstall the drivers from device manager and click on find hardware chages and see if it will install it if there is still a question mark install the driver from the manufacturer website and of course before everygthing make sure that your wireless is turned on.

Good luck

Monday, November 8, 2010 4:29 PM