none
MS Project Publish Button Missing RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason my Publish button that you normally find in the backstage in MS Project Online is no longer showing up.

I am connected to the server. I can check in and out projects. I can save projects. But the button to Publish is missing.

I did try doing an online repair. But that didn't fix the issue.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Or are aware of a fix?

Thanks,

David

• Edited by wukongfu Monday, February 10, 2020 7:20 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2020 7:02 PM

Answers

• NLuu --

If you click File > Info, do you see the Publish button at the top of the Info page in the Backstage?  That is the new location for this button, by the way.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:35 PM

All replies

• wukongfu --

Very odd.  I have never seen this behavior.  Why don't you just add the Publish button to your Quick Access Toolbar?  Click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar.  Select the Publish command in the list on the left side and then click the Add >> button.  Once you have added this button, use the Move Up or Move Down button to move it to the place where you want it.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, February 10, 2020 8:17 PM
  • Mine is doing the same thing. I haven't used the desktop client in a couple of weeks so I am just now noticing it. Was there an update recently?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue.  Each time I publish, I have to search for publish to be able to publish.  Is your fixed, already?

How did you bring it back?

NLuu

NLuu

Friday, May 22, 2020 3:49 PM
  • NLuu --

If you click File > Info, do you see the Publish button at the top of the Info page in the Backstage?  That is the new location for this button, by the way.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:35 PM
  • works!  Another way, I found out accidentally is to search "publish" and click on it, it will publish for you but it's good to know where the intended location.  Thank you!

NLuu

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:25 PM
  • NLuu --

If my solution works for you, please mark my last reply as the answer to this question.  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:22 PM
  • I'm sorry, I used to see "Mark as answer" but I don't seem to see it anymore.  I thought I clicked propose as answer already.  Did MS change forum interface recently?  I don't see that button anymore, am I missing something here?

NLuu

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:26 PM
  • This is what I see, there is no "Mark as answer" anymore but only, propose as answer, not sure whom I am proposing to MS maybe?

NLuu

• Edited by NLuu Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:30 PM graphic not shown
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:28 PM