none
Any command in PowerShell to similar to (Measure-Command) to check the access level, privilege level needed to run. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts, 

Sorry if this a too dumb question to ask, but this is what i need to know.

Do we have any command similar to Measure-Command in PowerShell to check the access level needed/required for the script to run?

I know i  can wrap my complete script on to a Measure-command which will tell me the time taken to complete the execution - what i need a command or way to prove people that, my script JUST requires minimal permissions to run.

Thanks a TON in advance!

Friday, July 10, 2015 7:56 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately not. Documentation should help. But if you create a common user account without any extra permissions in related systems (AD/Exchange/...) and run script under this accout and if script would work, then it should help you to prove that it does not require any extra permissions.

M.

Friday, July 10, 2015 8:09 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately not. Documentation should help. But if you create a common user account without any extra permissions in related systems (AD/Exchange/...) and run script under this accout and if script would work, then it should help you to prove that it does not require any extra permissions.

M.

Friday, July 10, 2015 8:09 AM
  • This is a general "how do I use Windows" question.  It has nothing to do with scripting.  You should post in general Windows forum or in Windows security forum.

The level of permissions required to run any program or perform any action depend on what the program needs to do and the configuration of the system.  There are courses and books available that will train you in how to use Windows and how Windows security is designed and used.  What you are asking cannot be done via a script.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:17 PM
  • This is a general "how do I use Windows" question.  It has nothing to do with scripting.  You should post in general Windows forum or in Windows security forum.

The level of permissions required to run any program or perform any action depend on what the program needs to do and the configuration of the system.  There are courses and books available that will train you in how to use Windows and how Windows security is designed and used.  What you are asking cannot be done via a script.

\_(ツ)_/

Seems like you have misunderstood the question. I said I have a script ready which is going to do some tasks for me. 

Question is do we have any commands (Like measure-command which gives time taken by script to complete execution.) which take my script, and monitor its execution and will EXACTLY tell me the "Privilege"s it requires/took to complete the successful execution.

HTH

Friday, July 10, 2015 3:56 PM
  • Not what you asked. You asked: "command or way to prove people that, my script JUST requires minimal permissions to run."

The grammar is confusing.  "prove people" ??? What does that mean?

To measure a script use Measure-Command.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, July 10, 2015 4:31 PM
  • It seems like we are getting away from our original topic JRV.

May be lets leave this discussion open for other experts to respond.

Appreciate your response on this till now.

Monday, July 13, 2015 8:57 AM
  • Measure-Command  {Get-ChildItem c:\windows}

If youa re really asking about permissions then the earlier answer is correct. It cannot be done.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, July 13, 2015 2:42 PM