MAP 6.5 Reports Not Stored? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know why or how MAP 6.5 fails to store its reports in the directory path My Document\MAP\Database_Name?

User creates a second database to store the results of a new scan, but although the first database reports are visible the second database reports are missing.

Problem description

User (domain admin) installs on a new workstation dedicated for the purpose of MAP data collection. User managed to get one inventory done some weeks ago but wanted to run a second inventory to refresh the results. I advised that his best plan was to create a new database for this purpose, as in my experience MAP doesn’t do deltas, or even properly update changes, deletions etc.

So he ran a second inventory with a new database name and all worked fine. Summary report said 921 PCs were found of which 500 were inventoried etd. 44% success rate. Nothing unusual here. Trouble is, when he goes to look for the Inventory report he finds that the new database has not generated a new folder path. In fact there is no data/reports for the new database at all, though he can still see the first database on the MAP folder path. My Documents\MAP\Database_Name

LAR

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:54 PM

All replies

• After generating a report in the new database, what happens when you go to View > Saved Reports and Proposals? This action is supposed to open the folder for the database that is currently in use.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:03 PM
  • It appears that there is no folder to open for the new database, though the folder for the previous database is stored on the path.

LAR

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:36 AM