Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know if it possible to create special permissions in SharePoint. I want users to have read and write access to files but I do not want them to be able to delete anything. Is there any way make this happen or a web part out there that can do this?

Thank you.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 27, 2011 7:31 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:02 PM

Answers

• You can check the permission levels from the site by clicking on site actions-> site settings ->site peissions -> permission levels then click on contribute permission level and check the permissions if its meets your req. Otherwise go back to permission levels page and create your own permission level. Create a group and select this permission level. Hope this will work.
    • Marked as answer by cnelson1277 Monday, June 27, 2011 8:55 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies

• you can give user "contribute" permission, while adding the user to site.

with contribute permission user can read and write but cannot delete.

ullasjoshi
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:08 PM
  • You can check the permission levels from the site by clicking on site actions-> site settings ->site peissions -> permission levels then click on contribute permission level and check the permissions if its meets your req. Otherwise go back to permission levels page and create your own permission level. Create a group and select this permission level. Hope this will work.
    • Marked as answer by cnelson1277 Monday, June 27, 2011 8:55 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:25 PM