Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer RRS feed

• General discussion

• Windows SBS environment under Windows Server 2003, client machine running XP Pro, Outlook 2003, IE 8. For many months, on the client machine under one user profile, clicking email links in Outlook generates the error message "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." Email links work for other suers with the same permissions.

Fixes I've tried: Reset Internet Options for the default browser, change settings under Control Panel/Set Program Access and Defaults, repair the registry key using a Fix It tool from a Microsoft KB article. Nothing works.

Short of creating a whole new user account in Active Directory, is there any fix for this? I am leery about the new account option because the user has many browser favorites and desktop shortcuts, and I'm leery about copying old profile info into a new profile in case I copy a corrupted file and start the problem over again.

Thanks for any help.

Monday, January 31, 2011 5:29 PM