none
Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Within Internet Settings on the Advanced tab .... scroll down to the end SSL 3.0 is available but SSL 2.0 is no longer showing as an option.

A specific device will not use SSL 3.0 and requires SSL 2.0 to be used.

Any ideas on how to enable?

*update - this issue exists on 2 systems now

area51pilot

• Edited by AH_Support Friday, September 2, 2016 8:07 PM update
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It’s very strange, I checked my IE’s option, and SSL 2.0 option is showing in the dialog box.

Maybe there is something wrong with your IE11, you can reset it and check the result.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17441/windows-internet-explorer-change-reset-settings

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:41 AM
  • It is strange ... that option does not show on the users system.  I restored advanced settings, reset the entire browser, even removed/added IE11 from the system using"Turn Windows features on or off" from the CPL.

Still no luck.

area51pilot

• Edited by AH_Support Friday, August 12, 2016 3:29 PM
    Friday, August 12, 2016 3:29 PM
  • Maybe you could try repair or reinstall IE and test the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:18 AM
  • As previously stated, I restored advanced settings, reset the entire browser, even removed/added IE11 from the system using"Turn Windows features on or off" from the CPL.
    Still no luck.

area51pilot

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:28 PM