Windows Remote Assistance - Request Control Issue - Windows 10 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having an issue with Windows remote assistance. From a PC running Windows 7 Pro, I offer a remote assistance request to Windows 10 Enterprise PC. The Windows 10 PC receives the request and can accept it. After it has been accepted I can see the Windows 10 desktop with no issues but when I click the "Request Control" button the Windows 10 machine never has a dialog box pop up for them to allow them to give control to me. 

When I do this from all of our other systems there are no issues, which are all running Windows 7. The Windows 10 machine is a surface pro 3 or 4. I have already configured Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Remote Assistance > Enable Configure Offer Remote Assistance to include my domain admins group. Windows firewall is also disabled at the moment.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this issue before or has any ideas that might help me. 

Thanks

Friday, September 16, 2016 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your behavior is correct, make sure your Windows 10 system is up to date, the latest build is 14393.187.

I have tested on my Windows 10 1511 and 1607 machines.

Open MSRA and enter password, send a request to the 1607 machine from the 1511 machine, my 1607 machine can see the dialog normally, look at this picture, so I think the remote assistance on Windows 10 is fine, please refer to this link below to check your configuration.

How to Configure Windows Remote Assistance in Windows 10?

http://www.technig.com/set-up-windows-remote-assistance/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Besides, go to

Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Remote Assistance

Enable both of Configure Offer Remote Assistance and Configure Solicited Remote Assistance

Add security group of your choice to Helpers

Next, go to

Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> Security Options

Disable User Account Control: Allow UIAccess application to prompt for elevation without using a secure desktop

In fact, I suggest to use MSTSC to remote control another computer, remote desktop seems easier and more convenient, you can have a try.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 19, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Hi Teemo,

I tried all your procedures and doesn't work! The problem isn't the fact of seeing the dialog or desktop, I can see it and accept it .. but I can't interact with the machine, mouse doesn't move or click and I sent the request to interact with it.

Environment: Windows 2008 > Windows 10 (1607).

Note: The problem is the latest build of Windows 10 Anniversary 1607, because the first build of Win10 1511 works fine. Regarding MSTSC isn't the solution because the person who need help can't see what I'm doing, that's why MSRA exists.

Hope that Microsoft solve the problem with an update soon.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:27 AM
  • @Teemo, @KateLi

MuffinMonkey explained that viewing does work, but requesting control is not. We experience the same. The second request is never appearing on the client desktop, nor the inbuilt chat window.

It's nice that you explained long, but that was not the question.

I do not quite understand the solution of disabling UAC overall. It's not very smart, isn't it?

Please read more carefully. This Q is not answered, please unmark it.

Thanks, Jan

Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:09 PM
  • I can also confirm I am experiencing this issue with windows 7-->10 b1607.  The above did not fix.
    Friday, November 4, 2016 8:21 PM
  • This solution does not work. I have followed the above instructions however this still prevents taking control of a WIN10 computer from Win 7 or Win 2008

LD

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:45 PM
  • We had this exact same issue. Offer Remote Assistance is Enabled via Group Policy. Users are in the Local Offer Remote Asssistance group. Firewalls are open and we can connect but we could not take control.

KB3213986 Resolves the Issue for Windows 10 1607

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3213986

lforbes

• Edited by lforbes Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:48 AM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:08 AM