Conexant Ac-link audio driver problems and high latency RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed W7 beta on an Acer Aspire 1650 laptop which has a Conexant ac-link audio onboard soundcard. With the default driver installed by windows, the sound was very bad and I found a workaround in this forum to replace the two sys files of the driver with more recent ones.

Anyway, I have a terribly big latency when recording sounds with mic or line-in. On win XP the latency is very less significant.

Why does this happen? Is there a way to improve the audio latency?

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi.

There is already a thread with solutions in here....Follow this link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/f4dfec8a-e2c9-44b0-ac8b-f8dcfe80ab4a/

Hope you find what you´re looking for.

Greetings from THD01

• Marked as answer by Tim Quan Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:10 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi.

There is already a thread with solutions in here....Follow this link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/f4dfec8a-e2c9-44b0-ac8b-f8dcfe80ab4a/

Hope you find what you´re looking for.

Greetings from THD01

• Marked as answer by Tim Quan Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:10 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:55 PM
  • I already followed this thread and found the solution posted to have decent sound. Anyway I was wondering if there's a way or tweak to improve latency or if it is just a driver problem.

Friday, January 30, 2009 12:52 PM
  • Hi again.

Terrible sorry about that, i didn´t notice that is was you in that thread. I am sorry, but i haven´t found any solution yet, regarding the issue tweaking

or improving latency. So far my conclusion is that the driver is not yet developed, but i would be supriesed if a solution didn´t show up in the near

future. Im am still trying to make a new driver, but i am a little over my head, i´m afraid. I don´t have a lot of practice in making sound drivers, *LOL* But i

don´t quit easily!!! I am trying to make a new driver

based on VISTA kernel, since the two OS has the same kernel, but i cannot seem to make it work. There must be some sort of subroutine og policy running

wich i haven´t found yet og that the hardware i simply too old*LOL*. But i´ll keep trying and will post if i discover a solution.

Greetings from THD01

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:48 PM
  • Thank you very much THD01

unfortunately I don't know anything on driver development otherwise I would help you. But if you need some testing or things like this I'l be glad to help.

Thank you again

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:21 PM