Migration Jobs - two different SCCM sites into one RRS feed

• Question

• Migration Jobs Question.  

Migrating to SCCM 2012 R2.   I have two different Migration Source sites.    One is 2007 and one is a 2012 R2-Development.   Trying to merge both to one SCCM 2012 -Production site.        

SCCM 2007  has been moved to 2012 Prod, now I'm looking to move 2012 DEV to prod.   Do I lose the ability to run "Objects modified after Migration" on the 2007 object data?

As I understand, once I change the source hierarchy, all previous Migration Jobs are removed. 

• Edited by reef1231 Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:08 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't have the option to test this right here, but can't you just add a new source hierarchy, without removing the CM07 site?

I've never tested the migration of two sites to one, so I'm not 100% sure...

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:34 PM
  • Hi Ronni

When I add a new Source Hierarchy,  It looks like it removes the old.   

So this is what I just tried:

*Changed the Source Hierarchy to SCCM 2012DEV

**Didn't rerun thought the whole process.  Noticed that the 2007 Hierarchy was removed.  Source Site Code 2012DEV,   Status Ready for next gathering Process"

Then I:

*Clicked "Specify Source Hierarchy" 

**Noticed  that the 2007 was part of the drop down list

previous Migration Jobs returned

I guess the next step is to migrate a item from 2012DEV to 2012PROD and see what happens.  

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:58 PM
  • You can only have one source hierarchy at the same time IIRC so you have to finish the migration of one site before you can add the other.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:58 PM