none
"The task sequence has been suspended..." RRS feed

• Question

• While attempting to image some desktops today, we press F12 to PXE boot and after a minute, but before the menu appears where we'd normally choose the sequence we get a msg that says:

The task sequence has been suspended.
    LiteTouch is trying to perform NIC configuration.
    This cannot be performed in Windows PE.
    If booting from a USB Flash Disk, please remove all drives before restarting.
    Otherwise, ensure the hard disk is selected first in the boot order of the BIOS.
    Reboot WinPE (Close all windows) to resume

I've found other posts online about this and it appears the solution is to wipe the existing partitions from the machine using diskpart.  I tried this on a couple and it did allow me to image again but this is not feasible on 1000+ desktops.  Can someone please help me determine the cause?

We're using MDT 2013 U2 (6.3.8330.1000), the last time we imaged was the start of May, no changes have been made to the MDT/WDS server since as far as I'm aware and I'm the one who would normally administer this server.  Also, this problem has started at several of our locations location, all using their own MDT/WDS server.  These servers do automatically install Windows updates (security and critical).

I have looked in D:\Minint\smsosd\osdlogs\bdd.log with cmtrace64.exe and the first red line says to check X:\Windows\Temp\smtslog\smts.log, this line actually appears 5 times in bdd.log so maybe it's expected. I've opened that and there are no red lines but there is a single yellow line that says: "Execution engine result code: 2"

I would include the logs here but I'm not sure how to get them off the desktop while in WinPE.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Edited by J. Wall Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:28 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:27 PM

All replies