Notification needed to the "Affected user's Manager" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

I cannot make a notification subscription to be sent to the "affected user's manager" whenever a new incident is created. I have tried the "related recipient" with many options, but none of them worked for me. Moreover I have tried to customize in the subscription management pack by editing in the "related recipient" part and using the "UserManagesUser" relationship, by making it as following:

<WorkflowArrayParameter Name="PrimaryUserRelationships" Type="string">
                        <Item>$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemAffectedUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']/Path[Relationship='System!System.UserManagesUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']$</Item>
                      </WorkflowArrayParameter>

And the result was a successful preview in the subscription as following:

But it didn't work either, it was just a preview was no functionality at all.

Anyone could help me with a working solution??

Thank You.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:50 PM

Answers

• I think this is not possible without using a PowerShell script and a workflow.

The idea is to trigger a workflow with a PowerShell skript using smlets to determine the Manager of the Affected User. The same way you can get the SMTP adress of the Manager as well. After all iformation are available you can send an email to the manager with the PowerShell script.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:26 PM

All replies

• I think this is not possible without using a PowerShell script and a workflow.

The idea is to trigger a workflow with a PowerShell skript using smlets to determine the Manager of the Affected User. The same way you can get the SMTP adress of the Manager as well. After all iformation are available you can send an email to the manager with the PowerShell script.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:26 PM
  • I think use of System Centre Orchestrator might be a better bet here.

As you can use PowerShell as stated by Andreas and still have the workflow available to you.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:22 AM