New SkyDrive User Experiencing Major Problems on Win 7 PCs + Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Hi-

We have multiple Lenovo Win 7 Ultimate x64 laptops runnning 8 GB RAM/Corei7. We run a video production company and these are our only Win7 PC's > Recently, as Apple iDrive was being discontinued at the end of this month, and iCloud no longer allows our filetypes, our IT guy recommended switching to Windows Skydrive.

We have two issues (we have 14 GB free on our paid 125GB SkyDrive account).

- Like many other Lion iOS 10.7 users, we have the problem where the SkyDrive won't update unless we restart the iMacs nightly. We have been on the Windows 7 LION forums where we have clicked the 'ME TOO' button that unless the Macs are started nightly, they won't update from SkyDrive! However, Microsoft has not issued any updates or patches to my knowledge. Yet our Macbook Pro Lion 10.7 laptops DO update regardless of how often SkYDrive is restarted. Very interesting glitch that others seem to also be encountering.

- On our PCs, SkyDrive ran beautifully until around 90GB was used in our SkyDrive account. Over approx. 90GB used, all five of our Win 7 laptops have locked up daily and SkyDrive.exe is always raping our CPU all on PCs when I check task manager. We are using 50MB/5MB internet so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. We are heavy multi-taskers and nothing has ever wrought havoc on our CPUs like our recent switch to SkyDrive. This happens on all our SkyDrive enabled i7 CPUS and ONLY occurred once we hit about 80-90GB used in our Skydrive Account. I realized most users never hit this limit, but if MS wants some more info or logs please message us. If this isn't fixed soon we will have to pay to switch to another provider for shared "dump drives." Thank you for helping developing Skydrive! and if you fix it, please add additional storage purchase options soon!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue seems more related to SkyDrive, I suggest you ask this question SkyDrive forum in the for further discussion.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/skydrive?auth=1

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, June 15, 2012 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:50 AM