svga/Colour Monitor driver Help needed? RRS feed

• Question

• hello peoples,I was Hoping someone could help with a driver for a Octek/Model-vg-340 colour monitor?My dell chucked it in after 8 months. And im currently useing a miget monitor {Cas}wich is years old and this work's.

I have a crapy 5200 fx card if that helps {i No its ####}but it does the job".

Allso the Octek monitor when I start my pc all the bios messages work clear as a bell but when it Vista starts to boot up then the screen go's all fuzzy? maybe its refreshrate or something I dont no ive tried different Nvidia drivers to see if that helpt. But no Luck . HOPE someone can help and thanks in advance.Sad

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:55 AM

Answers

• Thanks Guys. I pressed F8 put it too low resolution. And walaa IT WORKS.thanks again have a drink on me Smile

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:52 AM

All replies

•  

It sounds like it is your video settings. Lets find out..

While booting up use the F8 key to get to advanced options and try the "Enable low resolution video (640x480)" option. If everything boots ok go into your video properties and set them to a supported resolution and frequency for your monitor.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:51 PM
  •  

I jumped the gun a bit on this one. If you mean it is fuzzy but you can see things like they normally would be displayed. No funny lines, smooshed screen etc etc.. Then you should just need to change you video settings without bothering with the F8 route.

I tried looking up your monitor but could not find it. If you can get the specs you could set it to the recommended settings. If it is a LCD then this would help a lot as far as fuzziness goes. CRTs are a different matter. Cleartype is normaly tunred on by default but you could check to make sure its on.

Don’t forget to change the monitor frequency as well as the resolution.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:03 PM
  • What is your graphics card detected as in Windows Vista under Device Manager - Display adapters?

Does it say Standard VGA Graphics Adapter or NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200?

If it says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, please provide your PNPID (Properties - Details - Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_????&SUBSYS_????????

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:58 PM
  • OK __-->1.My 5200 is recignized under Display adapters.

2.Under Monitors it say's"Generic non-PnP Monitor.

3.I Tried that command and it could'nt find a path?

4.Ill restart and try that F8 thing 'It is crystal clear when the bios loads but when vista starts it go's Fuzzy.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:15 AM
  • Thanks Guys. I pressed F8 put it too low resolution. And walaa IT WORKS.thanks again have a drink on me Smile

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:52 AM
  • You probably have a really old, small size monitor 14"-15". You might be able to go to the higher resolutions if you had lowered your refresh rate to let's say 60Hz instead of 72Hz or 75 Hz. So are you running it the low resolution of 640x480 now or 800x600?

Anyway, glad you have your issue resolved.

Cheers.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:30 PM