none
Removing NA From Actual's RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to remove the 'NAs' from my Actual Start and Actual Finish entry boxes,
    can I simply change the default or can I create some intelligent filter?
    previously I have been changing the colour of the to White so it is not Visible.

Sorry about the last silly question, 'Planned Start' was throwing me off, It was just the Start field re-named.

Mark

Friday, March 1, 2013 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hello Mark,

As far as I know there's no way to change this. Keep in mind that a Project file (an .mpp file) is actually a relational database. That value you are seeing is the equivalent to see a "Null" in a register.

If you need some kind of report to leave blank all those dates I would suggest you to build a report maybe with Excel where you can tweak the way a cell displays values.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Rene Alvarez

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Mark,

As far as I know there's no way to change this. Keep in mind that a Project file (an .mpp file) is actually a relational database. That value you are seeing is the equivalent to see a "Null" in a register.

If you need some kind of report to leave blank all those dates I would suggest you to build a report maybe with Excel where you can tweak the way a cell displays values.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Rene Alvarez

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:11 AM
  • Mark, I agree with Rene - the NA is the display representation of a Null Date. You can't delete or redefine that - short of recoding that bit of MS Project. What is your goal? Who is the audience that can't deal with NA as the display where there is no meaningful date? If it is for display purposes only, you could use a custom text field populated with the text for the real date and blank text in place of NA. Of course, that field wouldn't be of any use for data entry.

Graham

Friday, March 1, 2013 8:09 PM
  • Ok Thanks for the help, It is a print out for the site supervisor to fill in, Just looks more inviting to fill in when the box is blank as opposed to filled with a NA.
    I don't want any implication that the box is not to be filled in.
    I ended up learning that the NA's are stored as Really big numbers, so a ran a filter for incomplete tasks with actual start<2014.
    Worked a treat, still trying to find a better way of receiving information than pen and paper, trying some digital methods now.

Mark
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:15 PM