none
IE11 crashed all the time ntdll.dll error help... RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded from IE10 to IE11 on our Citrix servers (w2k8R2)

Now we have the problem, that IE11 crashes all the time. Mostly when you try to open a hyperlink or a new tab.

The Eventviewer shows me something like that:

Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x52157231
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d45fa
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0001e12c
    Faulting process id: 0x1e84
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ced715c9f58083
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

I already tried...

Reset IE - no help.
    Addons disabled - no help.
    Disable Protected Mode - no help.

SFC/Scannow - no help, but repaired some files

Another local user account - no help.

I also tried to replace the ntdll file with the following command:

icacls c:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll /grant Administrators:F

But the error is still there.

I added a regkey, so everytime the IE crashes, a dump will be created. I opened this dump with WinDbg and it shows me that:

Loading unloaded module list
    This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
    The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
    (1958.15a0): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for kernel32.dll -
    eax=00000000 ebx=02b8ef84 ecx=6abe4285 edx=002e54c0 esi=00000002 edi=00000000
    eip=7722015d esp=02b8ef34 ebp=02b8efd0 iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
    cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00000246
    ntdll!NtWaitForMultipleObjects+0x15:
    7722015d 83c404          add     esp,4

Anybody an idea what we can do? I dont want to uninstall IE11 and I already created a new windows Image, patched it will all updates. With the new image, Internet Explorer doesnt crash that often as before, but still there. And it happens over RDP session and console session

Could that happen cause of an GPO?

Thanks for any help

Here are some new dumps to download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1bGsEICDKl_UWRfTmhUY1VpMWs

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:44 PM

Answers

• already disabled all addons, also the TrendMicro Office Scan Addon and it still crashes.

I'm not getting anything in terms of a Stack Back Trace.  Someone else may be able to find it.  However, the windbg LM command shows that you do have a bunch of third-party stuff loaded, so I would concentrate on trying to eliminate whatever effects it may be having on your symptom.  Note that frequently simply disabling security packages is not sufficient for completely eliminating their interfering effects.  They then may need to be uninstalled as a test of that state and also to allow them to be re-installed later to get their hooks set better in the new environment.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:40 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Here are some new dumps to download:

Not publicly accessible?  Otherwise you could get some clues from the associated Report.WER file.  Not as good as a Stack Back Trace but it at least would show a list of loaded modules for the thread that the crash occurred in.  BTW in the past others have seen crashes in this module which apparently could be attributed to their third-party security.  E.g. removing that would avoid the crash.  Then you would probably at least be able to change your symptom with respect to a list of loaded modules that way.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, December 20, 2015 6:39 PM
    Answerer
  • My fault, now you can download it without a google account.

From where can I get these Reports? I never used WinDbg before. I already disabled all addons, also the TrendMicro Office Scan Addon and it still crashes. Once I also killed OfficeScan completely with the Taskmanager and IE still crashed.

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:43 PM
  • already disabled all addons, also the TrendMicro Office Scan Addon and it still crashes.

I'm not getting anything in terms of a Stack Back Trace.  Someone else may be able to find it.  However, the windbg LM command shows that you do have a bunch of third-party stuff loaded, so I would concentrate on trying to eliminate whatever effects it may be having on your symptom.  Note that frequently simply disabling security packages is not sufficient for completely eliminating their interfering effects.  They then may need to be uninstalled as a test of that state and also to allow them to be re-installed later to get their hooks set better in the new environment.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Guys

MS Support helped me and the problem was found. It was App-V 5.1 Client

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115834

Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:42 PM