MDT Task Sequence Won't Continue after Suspend RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, Having an issue with one of my builds.  for some reason when I click the Resume task sequence shortcut on the desktop for a Suspended it state, it never starts back.  the shortcut will disappear, but nothing else happens.  Any Ideas?

I checked the log files, doesn't really give me any information.

Monday, October 3, 2016 3:38 PM

All replies

• Right click and run as administrator.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, October 3, 2016 7:41 PM
  • I had the same issue, but only with my Windows 10 image.  Running as administrator made it move a bit further, but ultimately all it did was reboot and eventually forget there ever was a task sequence.

In my case, I wound up manually configuring the reference VM and then using a Sysprep and Capture sequence.

Wish I had a better fix.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:34 PM
  • If you are still having problems, please copy your bdd.log file to a public stie like onedrive and attach the link. If MDT removed the shortcut, then there should be some trace of what is going here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:02 AM
  • Sorry for the late response, was a conference Last week so just now getting back.

Further insight,  It appear to happen after I configure the profile for administrator:

• Run the applications
    • Set homepages
    • etc.

I looked through the BDD.log file and saw no errors

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:56 PM
  • Old topic, but I ran in to this today and this was the first solid post I found on the issue so I will post my solution.  Go in to C:\MININT and Run the LTISuspend script, then try the desktop shortcut again.
    • Proposed as answer by schmied77 Friday, February 7, 2020 4:06 PM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:07 PM