none
Programmatically approving task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to Project Server. This question is pertaining to 2010 version. I did search in Net but couldnt get a resource, hence posting here.

When a team member updates task and submits it, it goes for approval. Requirement is to make this auto-approved. I know the way of creating rule for this purpose. As this involves educating every project manager to create rule, I thought of achieving this programmatically.

Question is how can we achieve this programmatically. It would greatly help if you can point me to perticular event receiver and methods. Also, typically task updates goes to "Status Manager". Does it require to impersonate as Status Manager and approve the task? Any help/direction in this regard please?

Friday, July 5, 2013 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hello Suresh,

There was a similar discussion thread sometime back...

'http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96d28391-2d79-412a-9037-5cc1fcd0c5c3/auto-approve-rule-for-all-projects-in-project-server-2010'

Hope this helps!

Friday, July 5, 2013 12:11 PM
  • Hi Shazeb,

Thanks for your reply. I guess you are referring to the code snippet given in that link. Here, with which account should the impersonation happen? Should it be status manager? If yes, how to get status manager?

Monday, July 8, 2013 4:19 AM