none
Task Name Changes not Carrying over to PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

• A few PM's on the team made some task naming convention changes in a schedule last week (bad move, I know....).     
    • The tasks that were altered had "Actual Hours" from back in December.     
    • It appears that in some cases the new task names are not carrying over to PWA.   
    • Further, some of the actual hours are now out of sync between PWA reports and the Schedule.     

I need to sync everything back up.  I am assuming that perhaps there may have been some outstanding approvals that got stuck in the process (can't confirm that though).    In short, the PM's rendered this schedule in a bit of disarray.   Any suggestions on how I can at least Sync PWA with the Schedule?       I will go back and have resources re-send timesheets to correct hours if necessary - but for now - I want PWA to match the schedule.   

Thanks!

~Randy

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you open the schedule in PWA to edit (edit in the browser), do you see the correct task names? Are the names incorrect everywhere in PWA?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

since you are mentioning timesheets: Timesheets will forever keep ResourceNames, TaskNames and ProjectNames at the time of creation. However, when you are thinking about reporting: if you use (U)IDs ("U" on perm, without "U" Online) will let you join to task, resource and project tables to get current names.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:42 AM