none
Appx uninstall leaves broken Shortcuts @{<appname>}

Question

• Hi everyone!

I have a little problem with some broken shortcuts in the start menu, after I removed AppX via Powershell.

There are still all shell shortcuts left in the start menu for BingWeather etc with the format @{Microsoft....._...}. Does anyone know where exactly in registry these shell apps are stored? I was able to remove them somehow but I cannot remember where I deleted that :(

Hope that someone can help me!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi YankeeP,

Which exact command was you used to remove the package?

Here I suggest you run the following command in the PowerShell as Admin to re-register all apps:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

sorry for answering NOW... I forgot that problem somehow.

We removed all appx and provisioned appx in our main Windows 10 Image for deployment. My problem is, that I still see all apps with that strange names in the start menu "all programs" section but they're not really installed as neihter get-appxpackage [-AllUsers] nor get-provisionedappxpackage -online show any of the missing apps.

Monday, October 23, 2017 5:00 PM