none
Tape Rotation not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number og tapes stored off-line sthat should be expired. However, DPM never lists these tapes as due og overdue. Is there a way of listing out all offline and expired tapes by barcode? 

Help would be grately appreciated!

Monday, October 8, 2012 1:29 PM

Answers

• Please open a support ticket so we can investigate the issue further.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 15, 2012 1:11 PM

All replies

• HI,

Was this an upgrade from DPM 2010 to DPM 2012 ?

Please review this thread for possible power shell and SQL scripts to help you.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/ff20c278-1e8e-40ff-97d4-91ee0bb5ade6?prof=required

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

I tried that scipt allready yesterday. No matter what switch I use, the script allways returns "Protection Group xxxxx has tape protection"

And yes, I did an inplace upgrade from DPM 2010 to DPM 2012, but then, it did not worek in DPM 2010 either...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:30 AM
  • We just released the fix for the tape management report for overdue tapes. 

Description of Update Rollup 3 for System Center 2012
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2756127

Issue 1
    After you upgrade System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 to System Center Data Protection Manager 2012, the tape management report does not display overdue tapes.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Thanks. I innstalled the fix but unfortunately, still none of the offline tapes are listed in the DPM tape reports.
    Monday, October 15, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Please open a support ticket so we can investigate the issue further.

Monday, October 15, 2012 1:11 PM