Cannot add, remove, or move contacts or groups at this time. Please try again later." Skype for bussiness RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, when 

The client has S4B on-prem with Exchange in the cloud and they're using unfied contact store (UCS). I'm confused why they're getting the error message.("Cannot add, remove, or move contacts or groups at this time. Please try again later.") 

The client remove a contact from their contact list and receives the error. It looks like sometimes the contact will still disappear from their contact list, but other times they have to sign out and back in for the change to take effect. 

The UCS is working correctly since I access the online exchange contacts from Skype. It gives me the same error but in the end closing session and opening appears the created groups. Do you know where the problem may be?

Additionally, I verified in the connection traces the ms-diagnostics error: 2165; reason = "Contact subscription is not allowed as the user's contact list has migrated to Exchange." but it automatically generates another indicating that the remote-user's logon is correct.

Thank you!!!!

I have deleted the SIP folder and verified the configuration of the Skype client and it continues to fail
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricardo_Hdez,

Based on the 2165,

Lync or Skype for Business is not providing the Users BUDDY list, the list is migrated to the Exchange Unified Contact Store and need to be pulled from there

That's usually due to exchange connectivity issues (the SFB client can not connect to the Exchange server. You can check whether this is indeed the case and work to solve the issue by following the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2811654

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:59 AM
  • Hi Leon-Lu. Thanks for your answer. I checked the connection exchange is correct.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

After returning to the skype partner application on the premise server and also in the tenant adding the application and the oauth certificate, what actually happens is that when creating a group I create it and when I write the name I get the error. After closing session and opening session I visualize the group with the changed name.

If dont change the name of group not generate error.

NOTE: this error occurs in all members of the organization

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Hi Ricardo_Hdez,

you used the skype for business standard version,try to use skype for business full client and make a test.

There is a similar link ,you could refer to it

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/f4a6f930-e688-422b-bee1-48c777d1b001/cannot-add-remove-or-move-contacts-or-groups-at-this-time-please-try-again-later?forum=ocsaddressbook

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:10 AM
  • Thank you for your answer, but I already tried with the Skype full version and it does not work. I have chek the link but not the same.

I'm stuck with this, any help I'd appreciate it

• Edited by Ricardo_Hdez Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:37 PM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:35 PM
  • Hi Ricardo,

Have you tried to roll back the UCS?

You could disable the Ucs and assign a new per-user policy like the following link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688083.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#Rolling Back the Unified Contact Store

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, February 26, 2018 11:21 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:28 AM
  • Thank you very much for your help but for now the problem has not been resolved. As soon as I have the solution, I will share it with everyone.
    We have tried to disable the UCS and it works correctly but for the client it is not an option...

I will inform you.
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Ok,waitting for your update

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Sunday, March 4, 2018 11:13 AM
  • After three months with the case open to Microsoft I copied the solution they gave me.

"Disable UCS , the default configuration in SfB Online now Instruct users to ignore the error message"

It seems that the solution is not having it....

Best regards

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:50 AM