none
(App-v 4.6) Application Virtualization Client error 10601903-00007003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

We've about 100 XenApp 6 servers, and on a daily basis at least two of them experience the following errors when users run App-V applications on a Published Citrix Desktop -

[02/07/2013 11:10:40:016 INTF VRB] {tid=43C4:usr=username}
    SWRegisterEventHandler() with event filter 0x00000000, app filter 0xFFFFFFFF

[02/07/2013 11:10:40:016 SRVC VRB] {tid=43C4:usr=username}
    SWUserState::InitializeUser(dataDir=\\homeshare\path\username\appdata\roaming\SoftGrid Client)

[02/07/2013 11:10:40:032 SRVC VRB] {tid=43C4:usr=username}
    SWUserState::Initialize()

[02/07/2013 11:20:40:005 SRVC WRN] {tid=43C4:usr=username}
    The Application Virtualization Client was unable to initialize the user's profile for a system session (rc 10601903-00007003).

Resetting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\AppFS\STATE key to zero and rebooting the server seems to fix the problem temporarily, but this is obviously a big problem during the day when multiple users are on the same server.

We are using 4.6 SP1, ver 4.6.1.20870.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dave.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Answers

• Hello Nicke,

Sorry for the delay in replying, and thanks for another reply.

We've now got to the bottom of this, the servers were running a scheduled task that attempted to clear the App-V cache by using the following commnds -

'RunandWait("""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTMIME.exe"""& " remove obj:app /global /complete")
    'RunandWait("""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTMIME.exe"""& " refresh server:" & """XXX Production""")
    'RunandWait("""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTTRAY.exe"""& " /loadall /hide")

On the servers affected with the error in the opening post, the scheduled task was still running and only a reboot could kill it, and obviously ran the risk of it starting up again on the restart.

The task has now been removed and replaced with a GPO to set the "STATE" key to zero on reboot to clear the cache and the problem has not re-occured as yet.

I'm not sure why the servers were built with that task, but thanks very much for your replies to the thread.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Marked as answer by dthomas1769 Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Any specific application causing this? Have you attempted to apply the latest App-V patches?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Hi Nicke,

No, we have about a dozen apps delivered via App-V, and it seems to be affecting all of them at some stage or another. Whether it is one in particular that 'breaks' the App-V client and then the other apps start reporting the same error is not confirmed, although I have seen SAP mentioned more times that most of the other apps.

Re patches, no, I went though the release details for each of the 8 hotfixes that I could see, and none mentioned anything that resembles my error.

I am pushing to get SP2 tested and deployed, but it's not possible at the present time.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:19 PM
  • Hi Nicke,

Thanks again for the reply, yes, I've been through those three links.

There doesn't appear to be any issues with accessing the appdata folders at the time of the problem, although we are re-directing to a network share.

Re AntiVirus, I am awaiting confirmation from our security team regarding exclusions etc, but I suspect that as the boxes work OK after a reboot, that might mot be the problem.

Thanks again,
    Dave.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hello,

Are there any additional troubleshooting steps that you have performed, but not shared?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, February 7, 2013 3:56 PM
  • Hello Nicke,

Sorry for the delay in replying, and thanks for another reply.

We've now got to the bottom of this, the servers were running a scheduled task that attempted to clear the App-V cache by using the following commnds -

'RunandWait("""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTMIME.exe"""& " remove obj:app /global /complete")
    'RunandWait("""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTMIME.exe"""& " refresh server:" & """XXX Production""")
    'RunandWait("""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTTRAY.exe"""& " /loadall /hide")

On the servers affected with the error in the opening post, the scheduled task was still running and only a reboot could kill it, and obviously ran the risk of it starting up again on the restart.

The task has now been removed and replaced with a GPO to set the "STATE" key to zero on reboot to clear the cache and the problem has not re-occured as yet.

I'm not sure why the servers were built with that task, but thanks very much for your replies to the thread.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Marked as answer by dthomas1769 Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31 AM