Is it now IMPOSSIBLE to stay productive with common slopware? RRS feed

• Question

• With the never ending need to install updates and reboot, the endless need to search through morasses of useless help for hours and hours looking for fixes for the crippling bugs that crop up in every new release of the common slopware, and the never ending dysfunctionality of new releases (IE8 doesn't print pages, that has got to be proof beyond any reasonable doubt about what people get from the I.T. industry) do you think people who actually do work and who need slopware to deliver its middle ground functionality reliably and stabley now find it IMPOSSIBLE to remain productive with the common slopware?  The "help" puppies of the slopwareosphere usually don't know much about what working for a living involves, but a lot of folks who know what it's like to need their computer to simply do basic functionality hour in, hour out, day in, day out can tell you that it is getting harder and harder and harder to maintain basic productivity given all the bugginess of slopware and the useless of 'help'.  If you know anything about working for a living, what do you think?
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to hear the computer is not functional. I can fully understand your frustration. If you have any feedback about our product, you can submit it to: http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

If you need any help about your issue, I will do my best to help you. Regarding the update issue, I suggest you disable UAC and security software temporarily, then downloading the update from Microsoft Download Center manually via its KB and install it.

Regarding the Internet Explorer 8 printing issue, please let me know what error message you receive when trying to print the page. How about printing other jobs such as Word Documents?

Best Regards,

Niki

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:12 AM
  • I suggest to deactivate the updates, I lived fine for one year and the win xp without updates ;)

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:34 AM
  • Boy oh boy, Nicki -- that's a really helpful reply!  Certainly, it would be really useful for me to spend hours and days sending off copies of error messages to people like you!  Not only would I have the benefit of all the enjoyment of spending my time doing that, it would help me to get my work done too!  Plus, I just KNOW you folks would send me MANY WONDERFUL LINKS to MANY WONDERFUL MORASSES of so-called "help" for me to spend hours and days searching through.

And I AM CERTAIN that it would WONDERFUL AMOUNTS OF GOOD to send feedback on your forms.  It would TIME WELL SPENT INDEED!!!!!!

Help on, Niki! Help on!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:24 PM
  • Hi,

If you need any further assistance, please let me know the re-offered updates name, the error message you received. If you don't want to install these updates again, just right click the update and select hide.

Best Regards,

Niki

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Ah Nicki . . . . let me tell you about IE8.  It doesn't print, and it doesn't give an error notice.  If you go looking for fixes in the slopwareosphere, some dribblemongers will tell you to tinker with your registry, because if you take their suggestions, your computer might work afterwards, and if it works, IE8 might print (but it seems like they are just dishing out dribble-quality guesswork).  Other dribblemongers suggest putting a temp folder in somewhere.  The temp folder idea didn't work for me, and I certainly would not try to tinker with my registry.  It's a problem without a solution, as far as I can see.  I have tried IE9 a couple of times, and have taken it off my computer because it didn't seem to work very well.  This is what slopware is like, Nicki -- it seems like you don't know much about it at all.  You shouldn't be offering people help if you know so little about what really happens to people who use common slopware and need to get work done.
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:48 AM