Unable to report on IE9 Baselines RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Kurt,

Have customized and imported an IE9 Baseline into DCM.  When running reports or evaluating each client machine, we're getting "Not Applicable" for each configuration item listed.  Which immediately makes the baseline "compliant" which I guess in some ways isn't totally wrong.  Is DCM just as picky with IE9 versioning?  We have IE 9.0.8112.16421 on Win 7 SP1 (SP1 baselines working just fine!)  Is there a way to force DCM to look for these entries via editing the xml?

Thanks!

• Edited by Kenzo898 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:28 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:51 PM

All replies

• Kenzo;

2 likely reasons: Did you associate them the IE9 product in SCM before exporting? Do the baselines have computer settings or are they only user settings?

Kurt

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    Monday, February 6, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Hi Kurt, yup they are associated to IE9 before exporting and they include all the allowable settings in the original baseline.  Actually I've tried directly exporting the built in SCM IE9 baseline (with no modifications) and have the same results.  Currently running beta 2.5 but same thing happened in 2.0

Thanks!

Monday, February 6, 2012 8:02 PM
  • I've asked Sachin, our test manager, to have his team take another look at the baseline.

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Hi Kurt,

I'm wokring with @Kenzo898 on this as well. Some additional information: when we export the baseline cab from SCM for SCCM 2007 DCM and open it up, the XML files have the following PlatformApplicabilityConditions relevant to Windows 7:

<PlatformApplicabilityCondition Platform="I386" Name="Win NT" MinVersion="6.10.7600.0" MaxVersion="6.10.7600.0" DisplayName="x86 Windows 7 RTM">
          <Query1>SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber = '7600' AND OSType=18 AND ProductType=1 AND ServicePackMajorVersion=0</Query1>
          <Query2>SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE OSArchitecture like '32%'</Query2>
        </PlatformApplicabilityCondition>
        <PlatformApplicabilityCondition Platform="x64" Name="Win NT" MinVersion="6.10.7600.0" MaxVersion="6.10.7600.0" DisplayName="x64 Windows 7 RTM">
          <Query1>SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber = '7600' AND OSType=18 AND ProductType=1 AND ServicePackMajorVersion=0</Query1>
          <Query2>SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE OSArchitecture like '64%'</Query2>
        </PlatformApplicabilityCondition>

All other applicability conditions are for downlevel OS versions. Essentially it appears these baselines will only apply to Win 7 RTM and need to have statements/queries to look up ver 7601 and/or ServicePackMajorVersion=1

There is no place to specify this in the SCM baseline and when we have tried to manually modify the XML and re-Cab for import, SCCM DCM has rejected the Cab (which we sorta expected would happen).

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:47 PM
  • Also, in regards to the Beta Win7 SP1 baseline, I'm not able to add deleted settings back to the baseline as it appears as 0 Settings under Product "Windows 7 SP1"
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:28 PM