Not detecting my wifi router after windows 8.1 update. RRS feed

• Question

• I just updated my windows to 8.1 two days back.since then,i am not able to find my wifi name in nearby networks. i even tried updating my network drivers,but it show its up to date.i also tried to create network mannually,but it didn't worked.

please reply as soon as possible.

my laptop product id is-hp pavilion 14-n009tu.

• Changed type Bruce Wooding Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:53 AM Looking for assistance with a problem
    Friday, October 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Sushant Jawa,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth" to check the health of system files.
    2.Reinstall the network driver from the device manager. It is recommended to download the wireless network driver from the HP website.
    3.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network Adapter

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Sushant Jawa,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth" to check the health of system files.
    2.Reinstall the network driver from the device manager. It is recommended to download the wireless network driver from the HP website.
    3.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network Adapter

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:08 AM
  • You could also take a look at WPA security Types are missing after upgrading to Windows 8.1 for additional information.

Bruce Wooding Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:52 PM