none
unable to contact vmware host machine RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day

I am experiencing a problem where the MS Virtual Machine converter gets stuck on the Source page when you click next button.

( I am trying to convert a virtual VMware based server to hyper v.

It comes up with the message "validating the credentials" for a few seconds then a error comes up "Unable to contact VMware host machine"

I am running the app on the server 2012 R2 VMware host server. I can ping the VMware host. The Firewall is disabled. I have installed the requirements for the application. If I do it from another pc (win 8.1) I manage to connect to the VMware host..

I also installed the message analyzer tool and monitored the NIC. The interesting thing is that I can see the ping packets etc but as soon as I try to use the migration tool there is not a peep on the wire. The fact is that the tool is not even attempting to contact the source host.

Can someone please help? I need to run this from the server since I need vhdx suport.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:47 AM

All replies

• What version of MVMC are you running, I think 3.1 is the most recent?  Since you have all prereqs installed, then I would see if uninstalling and reinstalling MVMC helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Seth Bidne Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:29 PM