none
MS Project Professional 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to create a dynamic vertical gridline in the Gantt Chart view?  I would like to keep a vertical gridline in the Gantt Chart to mark 2 weeks in advance of the current date.
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:38 PM

All replies

• RScaggs,

As far as I know, this isn't possible. I even looked at a potential VBA approach but there just isn't enough control of the drawing object to automate it.

Sorry,

John

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

As John said, there is no such a feature to do that easily in MS Project 2010. You can just display the current date, status date, project start and finish dates. Moreover they are not dynamics. So you might for example use the status date (in case you don't use it for tracking) but you'll have to update it manually.

Another way would be to create a task bar style based on start1/finish1 and flag1 and create a formula for finish1 like [current date]+10. Then create a "current date + 10 days" task with the flag1 set to yes. Finally attach a vertical line (drawing in the format tab) to the finish date to the given task, referenced by the ID.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:18 PM